Creating a More Personalized Future of Prostate Care
A Focus on Outcomes and Improved Quality of Life for Prostate Cancer Patients
On the horizon is FocalPoint™—a focal therapy system powered by iQuest™ to preserve quality of life. Urologists soon will be able to treat prostate cancer with laser precision in an office-based setting under local anesthesia.
- No hospitalization
- No post-operative downtime
- No catheterization
FocalPoint™ powered by iQuest™
FocalPoint powered by iQuest delivers targeted focal ablation treatment with real time monitoring of tissue temperature and treatment progress minimizing the impact to healthy tissue while preserving quality of life.
A laser needle and thermal-optical sensor are inserted into the target tissue under ultrasound guidance. The laser needle gently heats tissue causing coagulation necrosis. Requiring only local anesthesia, patients experience minimal to no downtime.
Preserve healthy tissue and quality of life.
Focal Therapy Challenges
- MRI consistently underestimates the size and extent of prostate cancer
- Determining the right candidate for focal therapy
- Visualization of cancer location
- Determining the extent of the cancer
- Determining how much to treat – creating the appropriate margin
- Preserving the patient’s quality of life